UT Tyler at a Glance
The University of Texas at Tyler is a centerpiece for learning, culture and natural beauty in East Texas, located midway between Dallas and Shreveport, Louisiana. Founded in 1971, UT Tyler is one of the fastest-growing universities in the renowned University of Texas System.
UT Tyler is home to six academic colleges:
- Arts and Sciences
- Business and Technology
- Education and Psychology
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Nursing and Health Sciences
- The Ben and Maytee Fisch College of Pharmacy
- Tyler Main Campus: Nearly 259 acres nestled in the beautiful pine and oak forests of East Texas. Key facilities include the Herrington Patriot Center, our state-of-the-art fitness center with gymnasium that seats 2,000, and the R. Don Cowan Performing Arts Center that is a cultural attraction for the entire region.
- Palestine Campus: On-site courses and online/interactive television classes are available in new facilities featuring state-of-the-art education in nursing, education, health and kinesiology, and history.
- Longview Campus: Modern facilities featuring the latest simulated patient technology host on-site classes in nursing, business, technology, liberal arts, math, sciences and education. Courses are offered via Web, interactive television and hybrid formats.
- Three out of 5 seniors have job offers before graduation day.
- One out of 5 graduates goes on to graduate or professional school.
- Our graduates often outperform graduates from all other Texas public universities with outstanding pass rates on state licensure exams:
Teacher Education: 94%
Nurse Practitioners (MSN): 100%
Counseling (MS Psych): 100%
- One of the only universities in the country to offer a bachelor’s degree in human resource development.
- The only university in Texas to offer two distance-learning campuses where students can take classes close to home.
Total enrollment: 7,519
UT Tyler students represent 47 nations, 41 states and 131 counties
Resident students: 773
Accreditation: UT Tyler is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor’s, master's and doctoral degrees.
Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 17:1
10 Most Popular Undergraduate Majors:
- Health and Kinesiology
- Criminal Justice
- Mechanical Engineering
Research Expenditures: $2.7 million (FY 11)
Total Research Awards: More than $20 million (2005-12)
Undergraduate bachelor’s degrees: 47
Scholarships and Grants Awarded: $10 million available
Undergraduate (in-state fall and spring): $6,592
Greek Life: 3 fraternities and 3 sororities
More than 50 student organizations
Conference: American Southwest Conference
|Soccer [men, women]
Tennis [men, women]
Track & Field [men, women]
UT Tyler offers on-campus living, steps from classes, the library and all university activities in three modern residences:
Ornelas Hall: Double- and triple-occupancy suites
Patriot Village Apartments: Furnished units - 4 bedroom/2 bath; 2 bedroom/1 bath
University Pines Apartments: Apartments – 1 or 2 bedroom/1 bath; 4 bedroom/2 bath