Tenure and Promotion
UT Tyler Office of Academic Affairs
- Probation and Pre-Tenure Guidelines (Handbook of Operating Procedures)
- Tenure Guidelines (Handbook of Operating Procedures)
- Promotion Guidelines (Handbook of Operating Procedures)
- Guidelines for Preparing Tenure and/or Promotion Dossier
- Record of Review (PDF Document--Save to desktop and fill out form.)
- Sample Letter to be Sent to External Peer Reviewers (Word document)
Deadlines: (Each college sets its own internal deadlines--check with your dean's office.)
- Jan. 2, 2013--Deans forward tenure and promotion recommendations and basic files to provost's office.
- Jan. 31, 2013--Provost notifies president of tenure and promotion recommendations.
- No later than March 1, 2013--President notifies faculty of decision on tenure and promotion.
- Post-Tenure Guidelines (Handbook of Operating Procedures)
Tenure and Promotion Workshop
The Tenure & Promotion Workshop is designed for new tenure-track faculty and faculty applying for tenure in the fall. Areas addressed include:
- Criteria and expectations of the university.
- The tenure and promotion process.
- Steps for preparing the dossier.
- Strategies for success.
Who should attend: Tenure-track faculty
When: Spring 2014 (Date to be determined.)