Organizational Development and Leadership Certification Program
Gain Skills That Equip You for Leadership in Diverse Business Arenas
Earn a certificate in organizational development and leadership from The University of Texas at Tyler and you will be prepared to lead, consult and train others within a workplace setting. Certification gives you skills to manage the changing demands of today’s challenging corporate environment.
- Complete the program online or through evening classes on the UT Tyler campus.
- No GMAT required to enter the program.
- Take graduate classes that can later be transferred to an MBA program.
- Complete a program that offers broad-ranging benefits to professionals in all types of business, management and human resource settings.
Learn more about the Graduate College of Business and Technology
Organizational Development and Leadership Certificate: Advance Your Career
- Complete a 15-credit-hour program that prepares you to manage in today’s complex and changing business environment.
- Study courses that equip you to control corporate human resources and consult with organizations on their change management challenges.
- Master theories of leadership and organizational behavior and human resource development that will serve you well in a management role or as a private consultant.
Organizational Development Faculty: Experienced. Real-World Focused.
- Learn from instructors who are outstanding educators and scholars including some who are widely experienced business owners.
- Study with instructors who are accessible to students and eager to help them understand and master the challenges of modern business.
- Take courses taught by instructors whose ideas have appeared in such publications as Human Relations, Group and Organizational Studies, Journal of Management History and Health Care Management Review.
Organizational Development and Leadership Courses: Focused. Practical.
Strategic Human Resources Management – Focus on the role of HR managers and practices in developing competitive advantage for the firm. Consider the role of both specific HR practices and the overall HR architecture in enhancing firm performance.
Leading and Managing People – Investigate issues managers face when trying to lead individuals and organizational units to achieve corporate objectives. Focus of the course emphasizes the individual and group levels of analysis.
Organization Development – Gain different perspectives on organization development at the individual, group and organizational levels of analysis. Theoretical models are studied, along with practitioner examples of organizations utilizing organization development interventions.
Career Outlook for Organizational Development Managers
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals in organizational development can anticipate growth of 22 % in job opportunities over the decade, which is a much faster rate of increase than the average for all occupations.