Meet a University of Texas at Tyler Graduate
MBA Adds Up to VP + CPA
“I’ve worked at Southside Bank for 15 years. Originally hired as a trust assistant, I knew I would need more education if I were ever going to advance in my career. In January 2006 I entered the BBA-MBA program at UT Tyler. It wasn’t easy working all day at the bank and attending classes at night, but now that I’ve finished my MBA I can say it was definitely worth it.
“The bank has promoted me to Vice President of Trust and Investment Services and I am studying to complete the two remaining sections of the CPA exam. Advanced education from an outstanding program made a big difference in my career.”
Kim Partin, Whitehouse, TX BBA-MBA, 2010
Business Administration MBA Degree (with online option)
Earn an MBA Valued by Employers Throughout Texas
Choose the master of business administration program at The University of Texas at Tyler to increase your skills and advance your career.
- Take evening classes one night per week in a program designed specifically for today’s working professionals or complete the program entirely online.
- 94% of UT Tyler MBA students are employed full-time.
- Study at the UT Tyler campus.
Learn more from the College of Business and Technology
MBA Program: Comprehensive. Convenient.
- Complete your MBA on your timeline and in your desired format. Face-to-face courses meet one evening per week or choose your pace online.
- Focus your MBA on the most important areas in business today – accounting, management, finance or marketing – by choosing from a broad range of top elective courses.
- Gain a broad perspective on critical business issues to give you an edge and increase your value to your company.
- Complete your program with a capstone project. No thesis is required.
MBA Faculty: Respected. Individually Focused.
- Learn with published business authors and well-known business scholars.
- Get personalized mentoring and gain new expertise working one-on-one with experienced faculty on business projects.
- Interact with professors who are well-known consultants to businesses throughout the Tyler community.
Learn about UT Tyler’s MBA faculty
Evening MBA Courses: In-depth. Relevant.
Decision Making in Operations Management Analysis – Explore the operations management function from a manager's perspective. Qualitative techniques related to decision- making such as linear programming, statistics and simulation are applied to operations management problems in both the service and manufacturing sectors of the economy.
Strategic Human Resource Management – Gain an understanding of the change process and change models relative to helping people and organizations adjust to and accept change; research and theory in diversity issues; and the theoretical underpinnings for understating and managing conflicts at all levels will be discussed.
Formulating and Implementing Strategy – Better understand top management’s viewpoint and focus on positioning the firm to gain strategic advantage in the competitive marketplace. This course emphasizes industry analysis, planning and implementation of competitive strategy, evaluation of strategy alternatives, utilization of appropriate controls and the evaluation of the administrative process.
More about UT Tyler’s MBA program of study
Career Outlook for MBA Graduates
As the economy slowly recovers, career prospects for MBA graduates are improving with encouraging signs for those seeking positions in core management positions. An MBA degree is excellent preparation to advance to senior-level positions in marketing, human resources, finance or operations management.
Find Out More: