Business Administration MBA Degree (With Online Option)
The University of Texas at Tyler
Business & Technology
3900 University Boulevard
Tyler, Texas 75799
Ms. Evelyn Permenter
Degree: MBA (online and on-campus options available)
Tracks: MSN-MBA; Total Quality Management, Organizational Development, Healthcare Management (This is an Online Alternate Program - the Healthcare Management track is offered 100% online in 7-week sessions. Please visit the link above for more details on this track):
College: Business and Technology
Applicants with transcripts from academic institutions outside the US must also submit a detailed international transcript evaluation. An international transcript evaluation determines an applicant's degree comparability to a US bachelor's degree. UT Tyler does not evaluate international transcripts.
Provisional Admission: Yes; One provisional semester is offered to all students (regardless of their undergraduate GPA – there is no minimum) upon receipt of their admission application and unofficial transcript
Full Admission: Full admission is granted based on receipt of all required documents (official transcript with graduation date) and meeting the index of 1000. (60 hr. GPA x 200 + total GMAT score => 1000).
Official Transcripts: Yes; showing proof of bachelor's degree from an accredited university (or its equivalent as determined from an approved credentialing agency).
Test Score Required: Yes, GMAT is required unless last 60 hour GPA is 3.25 or above OR if the applicant holds a Master's degree from an accredited US institution (or its equivalent as determined from an approved credentialing agency).
Healthcare Management track applicants with 3 or more years of extensive health care work experience can request to have the GMAT requirement waived by the Graduate Advisor, after submitting a resume. Waivers will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Letters of Recommendation: No
Resume/Curriculum Vitae: No
Admissions Essay: No
Deadlines: University deadlines apply
Career Outlook: As the economy slowly recovers, career prospects for MBA graduates are improving with encouraging signs for those seeking positions in core management positions. An MBA degree is excellent preparation to advance to senior-level positions in marketing, human resources, finance or operations management.Graduate Student
. . . . . . . .
Earn an MBA Valued by Employers Throughout Texas
Choose the master of business administration program at The University of Texas at Tyler to increase your skills and advance your career.
- Take evening classes in a program designed specifically for today’s working professionals or complete the program entirely online.
- 94% of UT Tyler MBA students are employed full-time.
- Study at the UT Tyler campus.
Learn more from the College of Business and Technology
MBA Program: Comprehensive. Convenient.
- Complete your MBA on your timeline and in your desired format. Face-to-face courses meet one evening per week or choose your pace online.
- Focus your MBA on the most important areas in business today – accounting, management, finance or marketing – by choosing from a broad range of top elective courses.
- Gain a broad perspective on critical business issues to give you an edge and increase your value to your company.
- Complete your program with a capstone project. No thesis is required.
MBA Faculty: Respected. Individually Focused.
- Learn with published business authors and well-known business scholars.
- Get personalized mentoring and gain new expertise working one-on-one with experienced faculty on business projects.
- Interact with professors who are well-known consultants to businesses throughout the Tyler community.
Learn about UT Tyler’s MBA faculty
Evening MBA Courses: In-depth. Relevant.
Decision Making in Operations Management Analysis – Explore the operations management function from a manager's perspective. Qualitative techniques related to decision- making such as linear programming, statistics and simulation are applied to operations management problems in both the service and manufacturing sectors of the economy.
Strategic Human Resource Management – Gain an understanding of the change process and change models relative to helping people and organizations adjust to and accept change; research and theory in diversity issues; and the theoretical underpinnings for understating and managing conflicts at all levels will be discussed.
Formulating and Implementing Strategy – Better understand top management’s viewpoint and focus on positioning the firm to gain strategic advantage in the competitive marketplace. This course emphasizes industry analysis, planning and implementation of competitive strategy, evaluation of strategy alternatives, utilization of appropriate controls and the evaluation of the administrative process.
More about UT Tyler’s MBA program of study
Find Out More: