Coordinated MSN-MBA Degree – Online
The University of Texas at Tyler
Department of Graduate Nursing
3900 University Boulevard
Tyler, Texas 75799
Dr. Barbara Haas
College: Nursing and Health Sciences
Test Score Required: Entrance exam waived for applicants with 3.2 or higher GPA on last 60 hours of undergraduate work; acceptable score on GRE or MAT; or MSN-MBA students must achieve a minimum of 500 on GMAT
GPA: Minimum GPA of 3.0 for the last 60 semester credit hours of undergraduate work
Letters of Recommendation: 3
Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Yes
Proof of Current Licensure/CPR certification/Immunizations: Yes
Admissions Essay: Yes
Additional Requirements: Hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from a nationally accredited College. Complete an undergraduate statistics course with a grade of "C" or better.
Deadlines: Fall March 15; Spring October 15. Nurse Practitioner: Feb 15 and Sept 15.
Career Outlook: As the population ages, there is a growing need for nurses and well-trained nurse administrators. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for medical and health services managers is expected to grow by 16% through 2018, which is much faster than the increase in opportunities anticipated in many other fields.Graduate Student
. . . . . . . .
Become a Nurse Executive to Lead Quality Patient Care
Earning a master's in nursing and a master's in business administration (MSN-MBA) from The University of Texas at Tyler prepares you to positively impact the business environment of your medical facility and to elevate patient care.
- Complete this valuable dual degree with only 55-58 credit hours instead of the 73-76 hours required if the MSN and MBA programs were taken separately.
- Gain a solid foundation for doctoral studies, as you enhance skills for executive management and leadership.
Graduates of the program work in management and administration in many different types of health care organizations.
Master’s Degrees: Dual Study of Nursing and Business Administration
- Finish your program online. The schedule is designed for working nurse professionals.
- Gain a broad perspective on the business issues that are critical in a medical setting. Get a professional edge and increase your value to your organization.
- Earn a prestigious credential that is sought after by today's leading health care organizations in Tyler and throughout Texas and beyond.
Faculty: Skilled in Nursing. Experienced in Business.
- Learn from faculty members who are published authors in the fields of nursing and business.
- Benefit from personalized mentoring and gain expertise working one-on-one with experienced faculty on business projects and clinical assignments.
- Interact with professors who are well-known in the medical and business communities. Some have served as consultants to health care enterprises and companies in the area.
Learn about UT Tyler’s nursing faculty
MSN-MBA Courses: Career-Focused. Rigorous.
Leadership in the Healthcare Environment – Examine the complex health care practice environment faced by nurse administrators. The course prepares the professional nurse to demonstrate organizations and systems leadership by synthesizing principles of leadership and management theory, organizational science, professional communication and informatics. Theories are applied in the consideration of evidence- based practice, customer service and personnel management.
Legal, Regulatory and Financial Management – Focus on the legal, ethical, regulatory and fiscal environment faced by nurse administrators. This course enables the professional nurse to manage the ethical, legal and regulatory issues facing health care organizations and actively participate in the fiscal management of health care divisions and organizations.
Nursing Administration: Delivery of Care – Explore the delivery of care within the health care environment at the organizational, community, state and national levels. This course enables the professional nurse to participate in the design of care delivery systems within health care organizations in community, state and national environments.
Accounting for Management Control – Examine the use of accounting data in the decision-making process and in the analysis and control of business operations.
Advanced Financial Management– Explore financial management of the firm with special emphasis on financial planning and capital concepts.
Learn about additional graduate nursing opportunities as well as additional opportunities from the College of Business and Technology
Find Out More:
3900 University Blvd.
Tyler, Tx 75799
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.