Curriculum and Instruction MEd Degree
The University of Texas at Tyler
Department of Education
3900 University Boulevard
Tyler, Texas 75799
Dr. Mark Lewis
Online and Face-to-Face Options: The School of Education provides educators two options for advancing their craft through earning a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction. Our primary method of delivery is in an online environment. Our secondary method of delivery is in face-to-face courses to address the specific needs of various cohorts.
College: Education and Psychology
Test Score Required: Satisfactory GRE score. GRE exam waived for applicants with a masters degree or 3.25 or higher GPA on last 60 hours of undergraduate work.
Certification: Must be a certified teacher or be currently seeking certification.
Letters of Recommendation: No
Resume/Curriculum Vitae: No
Admissions Essay: No
Deadlines: University deadlines apply.
Career Outlook: According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, job opportunities for secondary teachers are expected to increase by 13% through 2018. Opportunities for community college or junior college educators are expected to increase by 15% over the same period. For more information, visit The Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Salary Information: See Bureau of Labor Statistics for detailed salary information on these careers. Texas teachers’ salary information is also available at the Texas Education Agency. Another great resource is the Occupational Outlook Handbook.
Meet a University of Texas at Tyler graduate student.
Online and Face-to-Face Options
- Reduced Tuition for Online Classes
- Teacher-in-Excellence Scholarship Available
The School of Education provides educators two options for advancing their craft through earning a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction. Our primary method of delivery is in an online environment. Our secondary method of delivery is in face-to-face courses to address the specific needs of various cohorts.
Enhance Your Teaching Career With Specialized Skill
Earn a master’s degree in education with a major in curriculum and instruction from The University of Texas at Tyler by completing 30 credit hours of upper-level coursework. This flexible degree program can be completed in as little as two years.
- Many online classes are offered to accommodate working teachers.
- Attend summer sessions that fit with your school’s academic calendar.
Most of our students are certified teachers returning to university to pursue career goals or advanced certification.
Learn more from The School of Education.
Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction: Research-oriented. Specialized.
- Choose from five cognates to focus your degree on your particular interests:
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) Education
- Single Academic Content Area (e.g. English, History, etc.)
- Educational Technology
- Engineering Education
- Instructional Coaching (Online)
- Earn a degree that equips you to teach in high school dual-credit programs and at the junior college level.
- Fulfill program requirements in your own school setting: Develop a research proposal, complete the research in your school and outline your findings in an in-depth written report.
- Develop the latest skills in the emerging technologies available to today’s educators.
Curriculum and Instruction Faculty: Respected. Community-Engaged.
- Study with professors who are respected experts in the education field and frequently published.
- Benefit from qualified professors with teaching experience in the public schools and a commitment to serve the community through such activities as: Reach Out and Read, Academic Rodeo, Troop Game Day for Senior Citizens and Tyler Together Education Task Force.
Curriculum and Instruction Courses: Blending Theory and Practice.
Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences – Study basic research techniques and methodologies in behavioral sciences.
Research Project in Curriculum and Instruction– Complete an approved research project under the direction of the advisor.
Curriculum Foundations– Explore the theory and design of curriculum materials.
Find Out More:
School of Education
3900 University Blvd.
Tyler, Tx 75799
M-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
800 UT TYLER