Master of Education in Educational Administration with Principal Certification - Online
Gain Skills to Advance Your Career in Education
The University of Texas at Tyler master’s in educational administration with principal certification equips you for a variety of administrative positions in public, charter and private schools.
- Complete the principal certification program entirely online.
- Be prepared to take the TExES standard principal examination. UT Tyler pass rates consistently exceed state averages.
- Earn the principal certification if you already hold a master’s degree.
Learn more from the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy
Principal Certification: Proven Practices. Interactive.
- Complete a program of 4 study blocks:
- Introduction to the field of educational administration
- Best practices in curriculum and instruction
- Special populations and special functions
- The principalship
- Develop a project at the beginning of the program that culminates in research conducted at your own school and your written report. No thesis is required.
- Keep journals about your projects throughout your program and receive feedback from your professors.
- Use IChat and other interactive technology to communicate with your professors and other students.
Principal Certification Courses: Theory-Based. Practical.
Educational Leadership Theory and Practice – Gain an overview of school administration, including economic, political and societal influences.
School Law – Undertake an overview of school law for educators and examine legal issues that impact the operation of public schools.
Career Outlook for Principals
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics expects employment opportunities for principals to increase by 8% through 2018. This percentage represents an anticipated decrease in the number of children entering elementary and secondary school over the decade. Opportunities will increase as administrators are asked to assume more responsibilities in schools, including such duties as monitoring student achievement. For more, visit www.bls.gov/oco/ocos007.htm#outlook.
Find Out More:
Educational Leadership & Policy Studies
3900 University Blvd.
Tyler, Tx 75799
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
800 UT TYLER