Industrial Management MS Degree
The University of Texas at Tyler
Department of Bus. & Technology
3900 University Boulevard
Tyler, Texas 75799
Ms. Evelyn Permenter
Graduate Admission Information
The University of Texas at Tyler
Office of Graduate Admissions
Office: ADM 345
Tracks: Available online or face-to-face
College: Business and Technology
Applicants with transcripts from academic institutions outside the US must also submit a detailed international transcript evaluation. An international transcript evaluation determines an applicant's degree comparability to a US bachelor's degree. UT Tyler does not evaluate international transcripts.
Test Score Required: GMAT is required unless last 60 hour GPA is 3.25 or above OR if the applicant holds a Master's degree from an accredited US institution (or its equivalent as determined from an approved credentialing agency). The formula for consideration in the MS HRD program is GPA x 200 + GMAT=> 1000.
In rare instances the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) may be accepted in lieu of the GMAT. Applicants with three or more years of extensive managerial work experience may request to have the GMAT requirement waived by the Graduate Coordinator.
Letters of Recommendation: 2; waived for those who already hold a graduate degree or who have been accepted into another graduate program
Resume/Curriculum Vitae: No
Admissions Essay: No
Deadlines: University deadlines apply
Career Outlook: Widespread efforts to increase management efficiency have led some companies to ask industrial managers to assume greater responsibility. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, this trend has led to a slight decline in employment prospects for industrial managers. For more, visit Occupational Outlook Handbook - Industrial Production Managers.Graduate Student
. . . . . . . .
Theory and Practice to Step Into Leadership
In today’s business environment, successful managers know how to achieve goals with a lean budget and fewer employees. The University of Texas at Tyler’s master’s in industrial management prepares you to meet these challenges using the latest thinking from top business experts and best practices from the most respected corporations in the world.
- Earn a master’s degree through online and evening courses, enabling you to continue working in your current job.
- Be ready for career advancement to such positions as plant manager or sales manager in an industrial or medical sales environment.
Graduates of this master’s degree program are employed in such locations as: Ingersoll Rand, Eastman Chemical Company, LeTourneau Technologies, Cardinal Health, Argon Medical Devices and Aaon – HVAC manufacturers.
Learn more from the Department of Human Resource Development and Technology
Master’s in Industrial Management: Practical. Theory-Based.
- Delve into the quality management methods of Six Sigma, the renowned business management strategy that originated at Motorola USA. Learn about the legendary Toyota Production System (TPS) and the emergence of “lean manufacturing.”
- Complete just 12 intensive, research-oriented classes to earn your degree. No thesis is required.
- Gain hands-on experience in industrial management through Systems Integration Management (SIM) courses and the processes and materials course at UT Tyler.
- Study in a state-of-the-art manufacturing laboratory using the latest equipment and software.
Industrial Management Faculty: Mentors and Experts
- Study with professors who have extensive industry experience including working toward a Black Belt in Six Sigma methodology and corporate consulting on data management and assessment.
- Learn from professors who are acknowledged leaders in industrial management and frequent conference presenters on such topics as: introducing nanotechnology in high schools; overcoming the fear factor and being productive in the field; and the development, content and implications of technology certification exams.
- Work closely with faculty members who have published extensively in professional journals. Article topics include: Marketing Your Manufacturing/Industrial Technology Program as Clean, Neat and Glamorous; Sheet Metal Skills: Tools, Materials and Processes; and What Should Engineering Technology Instructors Know About Learning Styles: Improving the Learning Environment for Diverse Students.
Learn about UT Tyler’s industrial management faculty
Industrial Management Courses: Strategic. Workplace-Ready.
Six Sigma Quality – Focus on the analysis and application of quality control concepts, including both attribute and variable quality control techniques. Advanced graphical problem-solving techniques in Six Sigma will be studied, along with attribute analysis for MIL-STD-105D and variable analysis for MIL-STD-414. Learn the effective use of microcomputers to develop spreadsheets, graphs and charts, and how to run statistical quality control microcomputer programs.
Lean Manufacturing – Complete an overview of how the lean production system can be implemented into an organization or company to improve profitability by reducing waste. Key concepts such as visual management, Five S, TPM, Kaizen, Kanban, Jidoka, Hoshin planning and PDCA will be covered.
Value Stream Management – Explore how information and materials flow through a workplace through visual mapping techniques. Students will be required to develop value stream maps for manufacturing and health care organizations as well as develop plans to create a lean office environment.
Find Out More: