Studio Art MFA Degree
The University of Texas at Tyler
Department of Art/Art History
3900 University Boulevard
Tyler, Texas 75799
James R. Pace, Professor
College: Arts and Sciences
Test Score Required: Satisfactory GRE score
Letters of Recommendation: 3
Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Yes
Admissions Essay: Yes
Deadlines: Fall - Mar 15, Spring - Oct 15
Career Outlook: An MFA from The University of Texas at Tyler has led our graduates to open their own art studio businesses, become teachers in both high schools and colleges and pursue positions leading to corporate marketing staffs or managing private art collections. For more, visit Career Outlook Handbook - Arts and Design Occupations.
Meet a University of Texas at Tyler Graduate Student
Complete Concentrated MFA Studies In Your Chosen Medium
Undertake a graduate program that prepares you for a career as a practicing professional artist, teacher or gallery manager or curator.
- Study in a program with limited enrollment to allow ample studio space and intensive one-on-one attention from your professor.
- Enjoy using The University of Texas art program’s expansive, new state-of-the-art
facilities with studio space that's open to students 24/7.
Graduates from the UT Tyler MFA program hold positions in such companies as:
Whole Foods, product designer
Kilgore College, art instructor
Tarrant County Community College, art instructor
Navarro College, art instructor
Learn more from the Department of Art and Art History
Master’s in Studio Art: Highly Personal Study. Excellent Career Preparation.
- Complete a highly concentrated graduate program studying with an artist/professor who is a master of his or her artistic medium.
- Learn from professors who are published authors and respected art educators.
- Get to know your professors well in a setting that strongly encourages mentoring relationships.
Art Faculty: Accomplished Artists. Gifted Professors.
- Get opportunities for one-on-one faculty collaboration typically offered only at a small private university or professional art school.
- Study with published authors and practicing artists, along with full-time art historians recognized for their scholarly expertise.
Be individually mentored by Department of Art and Art History faculty who seek to develop future scholars and professionals who will excel in the art world.
Learn about UT Tyler’s art faculty
Art Courses: Choose Your Own Path
Field Experience in Art – Pursue an on-site examination of monuments of art and architecture, field investigation, archival research or studio practice involving travel away from campus.
Selected Topics in Art – Explore studio art or art history to include areas such as photography, papermaking, installation and seminar based topics. May be repeated once when content varies, and with advisor’s approval.
Graduate Studio Practice Studio – Practice the technical, formal and conceptual aspects of making art.
More about UT Tyler’s MFA program of study
Find Out More:
Department of Art & Art History
3900 University Blvd.
Tyler, Tx 75799
M-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
800 UT TYLER