Accounting BBA Degree
Excel as an Accountant in a Challenging Business Landscape
A bachelor of business administration degree in accounting from The University of Texas at Tyler prepares you to hold a position in a corporate financial department or, with additional credit hours, to sit for the CPA examination in Texas. You’ll be ready for the complex and changing demands of tomorrow’s workplace.
- Prepare for career success: Graduates of the UT Tyler accounting degree program have maintained an excellent record for passing the CPA exam.
- Learn with a curriculum specially designed to meet current and emerging needs of today’s businesses.
Graduates of the UT Tyler accounting program are sought after by employers throughout the region and state. Placements include: East Texas Medical Center, Trinity Mother Frances, Good Shepherd Hospital in Longview, Trinity Clinic, Red Dot in Athens, Trane, Nations Bank, Henry and Peters, Gollob, Morgan and Petty, Heartland Insurance, Prothro, Wilhelmi and Co. and many more.
Bachelor’s in Accounting: Training for Evolving Business Agendas
- Complete an accounting degree program that recognizes the complexities of today’s business challenges as well as future opportunities.
- Get effective career preparation for accounting positions in both the public and private sectors.
- Gain valuable on-the-job experience through internships in accounting departments in businesses based in Texas as well as international companies.
- Network with students and professionals in the accounting field through Beta Alpha Psi, the national honor society for financial information students, and Beta Gamma Sigma, the international honor society for Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)-accredited business programs.
- Follow up your bachelor's degree with a master's in accounting to complete academic requirements to sit for the CPA exam.
Career Outlook for Accountants
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, accountants and auditors are expected to experience job growth of 13% through 2022, about as fast as the average for all occupations.
Courses: In-depth. Relevant.
Accounting Information Systems
Examine the structure of financial data flow systems within an organization. Study the development of logic, flow and control concepts and reporting techniques of these systems.
Learn about accounting for manufacturing operations, with emphasis on standard costing, process costing and relevant analysis for decision-making.
Explore auditing procedures, auditing standards and auditing reports. Examine the responsibilities and ethical standards of independent public accounting firms.