Kinesiology BS Degree - Athletic Training Option
Learn to Prevent, Diagnose and Treat Sports Injuries
Gain the skills and training you need to pursue a career in sports medicine with a bachelor of science in kinesiology degree that specifically focuses on athletic training. At The University of Texas at Tyler, you’ll prepare to be directly involved in the medical care of athletes to prevent and treat injuries and manage chronic conditions.
- Learn and train with highly skilled physicians and chiropractors who practice in the field of sports medicine.
- Prepare to sit for the Texas Athletic Trainer License Examination, which is required for all practicing athletic trainers.
Kinesiology/athletic training graduates have gone on to such opportunities as head athletic trainer, Texas College; graduate assistant athletic trainer, Lon Morris College; graduate study at Texas Tech and Stephen F. Austin University; and pursuing advanced medical degrees.
Bachelor’s in Kinesiology/Athletic Training: Hands-On. Building Competence.
- Complete an 1,800-hour apprenticeship that starts as soon as you enter the program. Get actual experience in a wide range of training-related duties, including pre-game athlete preparation, training athletes in rehabilitation, and assisting physicians and chiropractors.
- Begin hands-on training work with athletes during your first year, an advantage not widely available in other college programs.
- Travel with UT Tyler athletic teams to out-of-town games and events during your junior or senior year.
Learn more about the kinesiology athletic training BS degree.
Career Outlook for Athletic Trainers
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities for athletic trainers are anticipated to grow substantially through 2022. Opportunities will be strongest in hospitals, physician offices and similar health care settings. Positions also will be available at recreation centers and with high school athletics programs.
Marketable Skills for Kinesiology - Athletic Training Majors
For information about skills in kinesiology - athletic training that are most sought after by today's employers, visit Marketable Skills for the College of Nursing & Health Sciences.
Health and Kinesiology Courses: In-Depth. Relative.
Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries
Study principles and practice techniques involved in the prevention and treatment of injuries related to athletic performance.
Assessment of Athletic Injuries
Explore and learn the knowledge, skills and abilities needed by athletic trainers to effectively assess sports injuries.
Therapeutic Modalities for Athletic Trainers
Review the knowledge, skills and abilities related to the use of therapeutic modalities by the athletic trainer.
More about UT Tyler’s kinesiology BS program of study.
Also see the wellness BA degree.