Kinesiology BS Degree
Enter a Fast-growing Field with Many Career Options
Complete a University of Texas at Tyler bachelor’s degree in an area that is growing exponentially as interest in health and fitness expands.
- Study in one of UT Tyler’s premiere locations including over 127,000 square feet of laboratories, classrooms, gym, indoor walking/jogging track, free weights areas and outdoor therapeutic pool.
- Nearly all of our kinesiology graduates find employment in their chosen career soon after graduation. Many have gone on to become:
- Physical education teachers
- Physical therapists
- Athletic trainers
- Occupational therapists
- Choose from 3 tracks: the physical education teaching track, athletic training track and pre-health science track that incorporates the prerequisites for pre-medicine, pre-physical therapy and pre-occupational therapy career paths, if desired.
- Study in a program that offers lots of individual attention from college professors and provides research opportunities as part of every course.
- Complete a senior capstone project in an area related to your career interests. Many students find jobs through their capstone experiences.
- Pursue independent studies working with a faculty member as a mentor.
- Undertake a kinesiology degree that is ideal for those with a passion for exercise, an appreciation for health and recreation and a strong desire to educate others about the benefits of lifelong physical fitness.
- Build relationships with others in your field through the Kinesiology Club and through the discipline’s honor society for outstanding students
Kinesiology Faculty: Award-winning Educators: Exercise Enthusiasts.
- All kinesiology professors have research agendas and regularly include students in their work, often allowing them to present research at conferences.
- Kinesiology faculty are all well-published authors and authorities in their field.
- Many kinesiology faculty have won awards for excellence in teaching.
Kinesiology Courses: Stretch Your Mind and Body.
Biomechanics and Anatomical Kinesiology – Analyze human movement, applying principles from Newtonian mechanics and the study of structure and function of major joints and muscle groups.
Physiology of Exercise – Study functional responses to acute and chronic exercise. >
Human Motor Control and Learning – Explore the principles and processes involved in learning and teaching motor skills, and the theories of control of movement. Application is made to sport, ergonomics and rehabilitation.
More about UT Tyler’s bachelors of kinesiology program of study
Career Outlook for Kinesiology Majors
There are many different career options open to those who pursue a kinesiology major in college. Graduates often go on to complete specialized training in fields such as medicine, physical therapy and occupational therapy. Others find positions as coaches, physical education instructors and personal trainers. As Americans become ever more conscious of the need for lifelong physical fitness and personal wellness, the opportunities in the field of kinesiology will grow exponentially.