Kinesiology BS Degree
Enter a Fast-Growing Field With Many Career Options
For more information, check out the UT Tyler Department of Health and Kinesiology.
- Study in one of UT Tyler’s premiere locations including over 127,000 square feet of laboratories, classrooms, gym, indoor walking/jogging track, free weights areas and outdoor therapeutic pool.
- Nearly all of our kinesiology graduates find employment in their chosen career soon after graduation. Many have gone on to become:
- Physical therapists
- Athletic trainers
- Occupational therapists
Bachelor’s in Kinesiology: Rigorous Program. Big Rewards
- Choose from three tracks: the physical education teaching track, athletic training track and pre-health science track that incorporates the prerequisites for pre-medicine, pre-physical therapy and pre-occupational therapy career paths, if desired.
There are many different career options open to those who pursue a kinesiology major in college. Graduates often go on to complete specialized training in fields such as medicine, physical therapy and occupational therapy. Others find positions as coaches, physical education instructors and personal trainers.
As Americans become ever more conscious of the need for lifelong physical fitness and personal wellness, the opportunities in the field of kinesiology will grow exponentially. For more, visit
Occupational Outlook Handbook - fitness trainers and instructors
- Study in a program that offers lots of individual attention from college professors and provides research opportunities as part of every course.
- Complete a senior capstone project in an area related to your career interests. Many students find jobs through their capstone experiences.
- Pursue independent studies working with a faculty member as a mentor.
- Undertake a kinesiology degree that is ideal for those with a passion for exercise, an appreciation for health and recreation and a strong desire to educate others about the benefits of lifelong physical fitness.
Find out more about the Kinesiology BS degree
Kinesiology Faculty: Award-Winning Educators: Exercise Enthusiasts.
- All kinesiology professors have research agendas and regularly include students in their work, often allowing them to present research at conferences.
- Kinesiology faculty are all well-published authors and authorities in their field.
- Many kinesiology faculty have won awards for excellence in teaching.
Learn more about the UT Tyler Department Health and Kinesiology faculty
Kinesiology Courses: Stretch Your Mind and Body.
Biomechanics and Anatomical Kinesiology – Analyze human movement, applying principles from Newtonian mechanics and the study of structure and function of major joints and muscle groups.
Physiology of Exercise – Study functional responses to acute and chronic exercise.
Human Motor Control and Learning – Explore the principles and processes involved in learning and teaching motor skills, and the theories of control of movement. Application is made to sport, ergonomics and rehabilitation.
More about UT Tyler’s kinesiology programs of study