Patriot Accelerated Nursing BSN Degree
Be Prepared to Enter the Nursing Field in Just 16 Months
The University of Texas at Tyler offers individuals with baccalaureate or higher degrees in a non-nursing field the opportunity to obtain the bachelor of science in nursing degree through the Patriot Accelerated Track.
- Get a fast start on a career in nursing with this 16-month full-time, fast-track program, available at the Tyler, Palestine and Longview campuses.
- 99% of UT Tyler graduates pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) on their first try.
- Upon graduation, 98% of our accelerated nursing program graduates immediately start a nursing job or go on to graduate education. Our graduates are employed at:
- East Texas Medical Center
- Trinity Mother Frances Hospital System
- Good Shepherd Medical Center
- Longview Regional Medical Center
- Baylor University Medical Center
Patriot Accelerated BSN: Focused. Fast Track.
- Work side by side with nurse preceptors in various clinical settings for a full 224 hours of clinical experience each semester.
- Complete a rigorous program of live, interactive video presentations, extensive clinical experiences and online courses to prepare for the demands of professional nursing.
- Master critical nursing techniques using state-of-the-art simulations.
- Network with nursing students through the National Student Nurse Association, the American Nurses Association student affiliation group and the Nursing Christian Fellowship group.
- Be prepared to assume registered nurse responsibilities in any area of health care and to continue the study of nursing at the master’s and doctoral levels.
Learn more about the Patriot Accelerated Nursing BSN degree
Career Outlook for Nursing
Nurses who hold the BSN degree can expect outstanding career prospects in the years ahead. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of registered nurses is projected to grow 19 percent through 2022, faster than the average for all occupations.
For more, visit Occupational Outlook Handbook - Registered Nurses.
Nursing Courses: Comprehensive Preparation.
Pathophysiology of Acute Care
Study focuses on the etiology, pathophysiology and clinical presentations of selected human diseases across the life span.
Medical/Surgical Nursing I
An introduction to holistic nursing care of adults experiencing acute or chronic illness in selected structured settings.
Get an introduction to nursing process, basic nursing skills supported by evidence based standards, nursing principles and technology to provide safe care for adults. Students demonstrate assessment skills, fundamental therapeutic nursing interventions, and nursing procedures in the laboratory and selected settings.