Step 5: Get Off to Your Great Start at UT Tyler
Learn everything you need to feel at home on The University of Texas at Tyler campus: Participate in New Patriot Orientation. Get great information—and have a lot of fun!
During orientation you will learn:
- How to navigate your new campus home and find key buildings and locations.
- Campus policies and procedures.
- Easy ways to make a smooth transition to college life and academic demands.
- Information about organizations, athletics and other opportunities for students.
You’ll also make new friends in a relaxed, informal setting. Parents are welcome, too: Take advantage of special parent sessions that run concurrently with student orientation sessions.
New Patriot Orientation 2017 Dates:
Orientation for freshmen beginning classes during the spring 2017 semester will be Jan. 13.
Incoming freshmen beginning classes during the fall 2017 semester MUST attend one of the following orientation sessions:
- Session 1: Thursday, June 8 – Friday, June 9
- Session 2: Thursday, June 15 – Friday, June 16
- Session 3: Thursday, June 22 – Friday, June 23
- Session 4: Thursday, July 6 – Friday, July 7
- Session 5: Thursday, July 13 – Friday, July 14
- Session 6: Friday, July 21 – Saturday, July 22
Your session options will vary based on the academic program you intend to pursue.
If you are unable to attend one of these sessions, please contact the Office of Academic Success to discuss your options.
Registration for summer sessions of New Patriot Orientation begins in February 2017.
For more information regarding orientation, please visit the following websites: