Office of Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness
UT Tyler provides access to Qualtrics survey software to all faculty, staff and students. Qualtrics is sophisticated yet elegantly simple for all user needs. Qualtrics provides excellent customer service through online tutorials, webinars and special personalized training sessions.
To create a new user account with Qualtrics follow the step-by-step guidelines provided
below using the login page link.
- Click to create an account.
- Enter your UT Tyler email address and enter a password (students use their Patriots account, student accounts expire at the end of each academic year).
- The default access level is for students which requires faculty or staff approval to launch created surveys. Faculty and staff should notify email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to change their access levels.
- The Qualtrics University is an excellent resource that provides helpful articles, video tutorials and online training sessions.
- Qualtrics introduced a new support request form to resolve issues even faster and provide access to our new chat support tool. Try out the new link yourself via the “Help” tab in the product or at qualtrics.com/contact-support.
Guidelines for Creating Effective Surveys
Frequently, assessment includes collecting direct and indirect information to provide a more in-depth analysis of program or unit effectiveness. Writing effective surveys is an important consideration when expanding assessment to include indirect data. Qualtrics Survey Software has published characteristics that identify components of effective survey for new or experienced survey writers alike.