Office of Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness
UT Tyler provides access to Qualtrics survey software to all faculty, staff and students. Qualtrics is sophisticated yet elegantly simple for all user needs. Qualtrics provides excellent customer service through online tutorials, webinars and special personalized training sessions.
To create a new user account with Qualtrics follow the step-by-step guidelines provided
below using the log-in page link.
- Click to create an account.
- Enter your UT Tyler email address and enter a password (students use their Patriots account, student accounts expire at the end of each academic year).
- The default access level is for students which requires faculty or staff approval to launch created surveys. Faculty and staff should notify email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to change their access levels.
- The Qualtrics University is an excellent resource that provides helpful articles, video tutorials and online training sessions.
- For Qualtrics support send email to email@example.com.
Guidelines for Creating Effective Surveys
Frequently, assessment includes collecting direct and indirect information to provide a more in-depth analysis of program or unit effectiveness. Indirect results are commonly collected via surveying alumni as well as current students. Writing effective surveys is an important consideration when expanding assessment to include indirect data. Qualtrics Survey Software has published characteristics that make up an effective survey question for new or experienced survey writers alike.
This does not replace the existing reporting system; it is simply a more powerful option to build reports in Qualtrics. The new reporting section will allow you to:
- Create reports based on multiple surveys.
- Completely customize the look of your reports.
- Display longitudinal studies.
- And much more!
Survey Building Changes
Qualtrics has announced the following new features:
- Block-Level Button Text - Change the text of your forward and back buttons at the block level. For example, easily set the button text to "Submit" on the last page of your surveys.
- Block Library - Copy and save entire question blocks to your survey library. Pull frequently used question blocks from your survey library for faster survey creation and fewer clicks, saving your pointer finger from working itself to the bone.
- Improved Organization Settings - Monitor and control settings at the organization level like password policy, login & logout settings and much more--without needing to contact our customer support team at Qualtrics University.
- Save and Continue - The "Save and Continue" feature will now save all progress, including the current page, when a respondent closes out the browser window.