Candidates for the master's degree in biology must also meet the following requirements:
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 on all course work. Only grades of "B" or better can be applied towards the degree.
- Satisfactory performance on the final comprehensive oral and/or written examination covering the core courses, thesis, and other academic or laboratory components of the student's program selected by the student in conjunction with the graduate advisory committee.
- All theses must conform to the policies and procedures as set forth in these guidelines and the most current university catalog. If at any time you have a question regarding these policies and procedures, contact the Graduate School.
It is the student's responsibility to meet all deadlines established and posted by your college, The Graduate School, and Registrar's Office. Work with the chair of your thesis committee as you near these deadlines to ensure their availability for reviewing and approving your manuscript.
Final Copy Submission
After the thesis has been accepted by the thesis committee and the manuscript is ready for binding with all signature pages complete, you should:
- Obtain a thesis approval form from the college graduate coordinator or appropriate college dean.
- Submit the Thesis approval form to the Graduate School, and receive a thesis approval binding form.
- Present the signed binding form to the Cashier's Office, ADM 120, and obtain a receipt for the binding fee. Pay for a minimum of three bindings, two for the library and one for the thesis advisor.
- Take one original and a minimum of two copies of the thesis along with the binding fee receipt to the Library, Acquisitions Office, LIB 104.