Primary Responsibilities of the Budget Office
UT Tyler Budget Office
- Provide leadership in the development and administration of the institution's annual operating budget.
- Provide periodic reports to facilitate budget management by operating units, deans, members of the president's cabinet, and others.
- Provide counsel to president, members of the president's cabinet, deans and those responsible for financial management of operating units relative to budget issues.
- Maintain Budget Information System in Define and performing daily data entry of budget transactions.
- Manage budget control system to encourage prudent financial management.
- Manage University Signature and Approval Authority System.
Institutional Communications Related to Legislative Budgetary Issues
- Coordinate preparation of the institution's biennial request for legislative appropriations.
- Lead in institutional analysis of fiscal impact of proposed legislation during legislative session.
- Coordinate/prepare responses to requests for various ad hoc fiscal reports during legislative session.
Budget and Financial Reporting
- Prepare various reports and surveys related to budget data and financial condition of the university as required by the U.T. System, State Auditor, State Comptroller, Legislature, Legislative Budget Board, Coordinating Board and Governor's Office.