Office of Career Service
Developing Student Employees
In addition to providing income, employment on campus can enrich students’ higher education experience with opportunities to develop skills in preparation for the world of work upon graduation.
Departmental supervisors can develop their student employees by:
- Establishing detailed job descriptions.
- Setting clear expectations with student employees about respective roles and responsibilities.
- Providing training on essential skills.
- Conducting timely evaluations of student-worker performance with frequent feedback.
- Holding staff meetings or one-on-one meetings with student workers to really listen to their ideas.
- Increasing the student employee’s responsibility with each passing year when appropriate.
Student Professional Development Workshops
Patriots at Work - New Student Employee Orientation