Office of Career Services
Patriots at Work - Student Employee Orientation
Students will learn:
- An overview of the university
- Questions to ask their supervisor on the first day of employment
- Customer Service & Workplace Etiquette
- UT Tyler Employment policies and procedures
- Workplace Safety and Crisis Management
- Information Security
- Complete/Return New Hire paperwork
- All new student employees for Fall 2012
- Any student employee that did not attend in Spring 2012 or Summer 2012
To attend, student must:
- Register for Patriots at Work Workshop through their PatriotJobs account
- Log into your PatriotJobs account.
- Go to the "Career Fairs, Workshops, Info Tables & Events" tab
- Go to the "Workshops" tab
- Click the "RSVP" button next to the session you will attend.
Patriots at Work will be held on the following dates and times for Fall 2012:
|September 5th||4 p.m. - 5 p.m.||LIB 401|
|September 6th||4 p.m. - 5 p.m.||LIB 401|
|September 11th||4 p.m. - 5 p.m.||LIB 401|
|September 14th||12 p.m. - 1 p.m.||LIB 401|
What to bring:
- A copy of your HRMS appointment that has been approved by the budget authority. The supervisor or department administrative assistant can print this out for the student
- One of the following choices:
- Your passport or
- Your state issued ID or Driver’s License AND Social Security Card (Readable copies will be accepted.)
- Your state issued ID or Driver’s License AND Birth Certificate (Readable copies will be accepted.
If the you would like to have your paycheck direct deposited, then you will need to bring:
a voided check, OR
an official letter from their bank on the bank's letterhead with the routing number and bank account.
If you have already received a paycheck from UT Tyler you do not need to bring the above documents.
Please contact our office with questions.