Office of Career Success
Hire a Student Employee
Posting an On-Campus Job
- All on-campus student employment positions must be posted through Patriot Jobs, the Career Success job board.
- To post jobs, create an account on Patriot Jobs. Contact Career Success if you have any questions at email@example.com or 903-565-5862.
- Once the job is posted in PatriotJobs, you will receive a confirmation email that
contains your PatriotJobs log in information so that you can review applicant resumes.
- Students will apply through PatriotJobs by applying for open positions.
Selection and Hiring
- Departments can review applicants' resumes by logging into PatriotJobs using the information
in the confirmation email.
- Departments must screen applicants and select the students to interview and hire.
- Departments must notify students of selection and hiring decisions. You may use the
"Recruiting Related Forms" found on the HR website
Work Study Award Verification
- The department must request proof of a work study award from the student.
- Students must provide proof of their financial aid award from myUTTyler by following
these instructions: myUTTyler > Student Center > View
- If the student has been awarded work study funds, go to Financial Aid Work Study Programs.
- Review the Work Study Procedures
- Sign the Work Study Agreement (Both the student and supervisor must sign the agreement.)
- Fax the completed Work Study Agreement to the designated work-study coordinator in
the Financial Aid Office (903.566.7052).
- The Financial Aid Office must receive the completed and signed Work Study Agreement
before approving the appointment in HRMS (preferably before the end of the student’s
first payroll period).
Personnel Action Form
- Timesheets must be completed according to the payroll schedule.
- Payroll questions should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org