UT Tyler Cashiers Office
Textbook Loan Program
UT Tyler, in coordination with Barnes and Noble Bookstore at The University of Texas at Tyler, offers a textbook loan program. Enrolled students may charge up to $1,000 in textbook charges, plus shipping, to their UT Tyler student account.
Two ways to order your books and charge them to your student account for the fall 2017 semester at UT Tyler Barnes and Noble bookstore, located in the University Center:
- Beginning Monday, July 31, 2017, place an order on the UT Tyler Barnes and Noble Website and then pick them up in-store on or after Monday, August 7, 2017. The last day to charge books to your student account on the website is August 25, 2017.
- Beginning Monday, July 31, 2017, in-store between the hours of 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Thursday and 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. Friday. At the register you will need to provide a valid P2 student identification card, your student ID number and your signature, after reading and agreeing to the Promise to Pay Agreement. The last day to charge books to your student account in-store is August 25, 2017.
Step-by-step instructions to order your textbooks online and to charge them to your student account:
- Visit www.uttyler.bncollege.com. Select Textbooks--> Find Textbooks.
- Enter schedule in the drop down menus.
- Add books to cart--> Select Checkout.
- Sign in or use Guest Checkout.
- Choose delivery method.
- Select Financial Aid payment button.
- Read and consent to the Promise to Pay agreement. Select the red words to open the pop up menu--> Once read, check the acknowledgment box.
- Enter student ID number--> Select Continue--> Select Place Order.
Promise to Pay Agreement
I promise to pay The University of Texas at Tyler all amounts owed on my student account. I expressly consent to The University of Texas at Tyler, its affiliates, agents, and service providers, the following: using written, electronic, or verbal means to contact me as the law allows, including, but not limited to, contact by manual calling methods, prerecorded or artificial voice messages, emails, and/or automated telephone dialing systems, contacting me by telephone at any telephone number associated with my account, currently or in the future, including wireless telephone numbers, and authorization to record telephone calls regarding my account in assurance of quality and/or other reasons. I understand that, if I fail to pay my account by the published deadline(s), my account may be placed with a collection agency and/or for legal action. If such action is taken, I agree to pay all collection costs, attorney fees and other fees incurred as the result of the collection of any amount not paid. I have read this disclosure and agree to the terms and conditions described therein.
Textbook charges for each semester will not show on your student account until the first day your tuition and fee bill is available to view and pay in the student center of myUTTyler. The payment deadline on your textbook loan is the same day your tuition and fee bill is due each semester or session.
Dropping classes does not cancel the obligation to repay your textbook loan. You may return your textbook(s) to Barnes and Noble through the 20th class day or equivalent each semester or session. All textbook loan returns will be credited back towards your student account.
Fall 2017 20th class day equivalent:
Wednesday, September 20, 2017