A student may not audit a course offered on an individual instruction basis or a course requiring the use of laboratories, computers, or studios. A student who audits a course will not receive credit for the course, nor be eligible for advanced standing examination. Participation in class activities is at the discretion of the instructor.
A student may audit a course by taking the following steps:
- Obtain an audit application from the Office of Admissions (ADM 202) if you are not currently an active student.
- Obtain an audit form from the Office of the Registrar (ADM 221)
- After the close of regular registration secure consent of the instructor and department chair or dean.
- Return the completed form to the Office of the Registrar to complete the registration process.
- Pay the $50 audit fee in the Office of Financial Services (ADM 125C). Residents of the State of Texas who are 65 years of age or older are exempt from this charge. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid (ADM 215) to secure this exemption