How to Withdraw

All students should meet with their advisor and instructor prior to withdrawing from a course. In addition, students should review the Academic Calendar located for "W" withdrawal dates. Students are eligible to withdraw from class(es) through the 60 percent period of each semester. For more information regarding refunds, please see the Schedule of Refunds in this catalog.

Students withdrawing from a course after the 60 percent period will automatically receive an "F" in the course. Appeals to have the "F" changed to a "W" must be submitted in writing to the Office of the Registrar and include documentation of non-academic circumstances (e.g., family emergency, work transfer, etc.) that prevented timely withdrawal from the course.

The drop form must be signed by the course instructor, the department chair, or the major college Dean. All drops at this time should be for urgent, serious, and compelling reasons. Proper documentation is required. The drop process is not complete until the signed drop form is returned to the Office of the Registrar. Students are encouraged to keep a copy of their drop form.

Dropping or withdrawing from classes may affect financial aid eligibility, veteran's benefits, athletic eligibility or international student status. Students should consult with those departments prior to dropping or withdrawing.