In addition to the undergraduate admission requirements stated previously, applicants that are F-1 nonimmigrant visa holders from countries other than the U.S. are subject to the following:
- An official transcript evaluation from an approved agency of the International Office of all international transcripts must be included.
- Results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) must be submitted.
A minimum score for admission for the undergraduate student is 70 (paper test) or 213 (internet test). Information concerning the TOEFL may be obtained by writing to TOEFL, P.O. Box 615, Princeton, New Jersey 08540 U.S.A. and at www.ets.org/toefl.
- An affidavit of support is required indicating the source of funds being made available to the student. The affidavit of support must indicate the amount of money being provided in U.S. Dollars and the length of time the funds will be made available.
- Holders of student (F-1) visas must be classified as full-time students. For international students, a full-time load is 12 semester credit hours for undergraduates.
- Filing deadlines for applications and the required documents to be received in the Office of Admissions are as follows: June1 for the fall semester, November1 for the spring semester, and March 1 for the summer terms.
- Before registration the Office of Admissions must have a copy of a current passport. After admission, students must submit a copy of their visa, I-94, and stamped I-20s. In addition, accepted students who will be transferring in from another US school will need to submit a SEVIS transfer form completed by the transferring institution.
- International students holding non-immigrant visas are required to maintain approved comprehensive health insurance or coverage while enrolled at UT Tyler. A health insurance fee will be assessed at the time of enrollment. The health insurance fee will be in the amount of the premium approved for the University of Texas System Student Health Insurance Plan for the actual cost of the insurance and may not be paid through a university funded short-term loan or an installment plan. This policy applies unless the student provides evidence of coverage under an alternative plan as approved by the UT Board of Regents prior to enrollment.
- Submit the International Application Fee. A nonrefundable application fee of U.S. $75.00, payable by cashier's check or money order, is required of all international students applying for admission to The University of Texas at Tyler.