General Baccalaureate Degree Requirements
Each candidate for the baccalaureate degree must fulfill the following requirements:
- Consult with the appropriate academic advisor(s) and complete all requirements outlined in the Patriot Advising Report (PAR).
- Complete Core Curriculum requirements with a grade of "C" or better in each course.
- Complete a minimum of 42 upper-division semester credit hours (Refer to your major for any specific additional requirements.)
- Complete at least 25% of the hours required for the degree at UT Tyler
- Complete at least 24 of the last 30 upper-division credit hours in residence at UT Tyler.
- Complete a minimum of 6 upper-division hours in the major field of study at U.T. Tyler. (colleges or departments may establish more stringent requirements).
- Complete a minimum of 120 hours.
- Maintain a 2.0 overall grade point average.
- File for graduation on or before the Final Filing Deadline for the semester of graduation. See Graduation Guidelines below.