A student may not audit a course offered on an individual instruction basis or a course requiring the use of laboratories, computers, or studios. A student who audits a course will not receive credit for the course, nor be eligible for advanced standing examination. Participation in class activities is at the discretion of the instructor.
A student may audit a course by taking the following steps:
- Obtain an audit application at the Enrollment Services Center (ADM 230) if you are not currently an active student.
- Obtain an audit form at the Enrollment Services Center (ADM 230)
- Between the first day of classes and the Census Date secure consent of the instructor and department chair or dean.
- Return the completed form to the Enrollment Services Center to complete the registration process.
- Pay the $50 audit fee in the Cashier's Office (ADM 125C) or online. Residents of the State of Texas who are 65 years of age or older are exempt from this charge. Please contact the Enrollment Services Center (ADM 230) to secure this exemption.