General Baccalaureate Degree Requirements
The College of Business and Technology offers a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree with majors in accounting, finance, management, and marketing, which requires:
- Admission to the BBA program.
- A minimum of 120 semester credit hours for the Bachelor of Business Administration degree.
- At least 50 percent of the upper-division business courses must be taken at UT Tyler.
- In no event may a student register for the graduation semester until the completion of all prerequisites.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0 in all upper-division work undertaken and a minimum grade of "C" in each course in the major.
- A common business core of 25 hours.
The common business core courses are as follows, with variations by major, as noted with a minimum grade of "C":
FINA 3311: Principles of Finance
BLAW 3301: Business Law and Social Responsibility
MANA 3370: Business Writing and Oral Presentations
MANA 3170: How to Get a Job
MANA 3305: Operations Management
MANA 3311: Managing People in Organizations
MARK 3311: Principles of Marketing
MANA 3330: Management Information Systems [Accounting majors must complete ACCT 4391: Accounting Information Systems rather than MANA 3330]
MANA 4395: Strategic Management [must be taken after above courses in the common business core are completed]
G. Eighteen upper-division hours in the major. At least four courses in the major must be completed at UT Tyler
H. Fifteen additional upper-division hours, at least nine of which must be taken in the College of Business and Technology.