International Graduate Student Admissions
Applicants from countries other than the United States may be admitted to the university subject to the following regulations in addition to the general admission requirements:
- Accompanying the application must be an official English evaluation of the transcripts if the academic transcripts are in a foreign language.
- Results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) must be submitted before admission will be granted.
A minimum score for graduate admission is 79 on the internet-based test. Information concerning the TOEFL may be obtained by writing to TOEFL, P.O. Box 899, Princeton, New Jersey 08540 U.S.A. The ETS institutional code for UT Tyler is 6850. There is no departmental code for TOEFL.
- An affidavit of support is required indicating the source of funds being made available to the student and the amount of money being provided and the length of time the funds will be made available.
- Holders of student (F-l) visas must be classified as full-time students.
For international students, the minimum course load is 9 semester credit hours for graduate students.
- The filing deadlines for applications and the required documents to be received in the Office of Graduate Admissions are as follows:
April 30 for the fall semester, September 30for the spring semester, and February 29 for the summer terms.
- International students holding non-immigrant visas are required to maintain approved comprehensive medical insurance, repatriation insurance and medical evacuation insurance. An international student may purchase his or her own insurance. However, the policy must meet or exceed UT System Student Health Insurance Plan requirements and a health insurance waiver must be submitted by the deadline for the insurance charge on the student bill to be waived.
If no waiver form is submitted, a health insurance fee will be assessed at the time of enrollment. The health insurance fee (currently $220, subject to change) will be in the amount of the premium approved for the UT System Student Health Insurance Plan for the actual cost of the insurance
A health insurance fee will be assessed at the time of enrollment. The health insurance fee will be in the amount of the premium approved for the UT System Student Health Insurance Plan for the actual cost of the insurance.