UT Tyler College of Business and Technology
To be recognized throughout our service region as an important provider of business and technology related educational offerings including:
- Outstanding graduates well prepared for leadership positions in professional, managerial and service settings.
- Contributions to basic knowledge that enhance human productivity and organizational performance.
- Applied contributions that advance the development, production, distribution, and profitability of a wide range of goods and services.
- Pedagogical contributions that increase the efficacy of delivering management education to the citizens of Texas.
- Entrepreneurial activities that contribute to regional economic development.
The College of Business and Technology provides high quality management education to the citizens of East Texas and beyond through a strategic mix of face-to-face, hybrid and online channels from our Tyler campus and through remote sites at Longview and Palestine. We pride ourselves on creating a learning environment that helps students at all levels attain the knowledge and skills they need to be successful as professionals and as citizens of the region.
Our primary teaching focus is at the undergraduate level but we also serve our region by providing a range of general and specialized master's degrees and a niche doctoral program. We maintain a balance between teaching and research that values the creation of both basic and applied knowledge, but not at the expense of teaching excellence. We value service both to our professions and to our local communities and expect our students to develop as leaders who engage in service activities. In support of the UT Tyler mission, we emphasize the following five core values:
- Professional Proficiency
- Technological Competence
- Global Awareness
- Social Responsibility
- Ethical Courage