UT Tyler College of Business and Technology
Master of Science in Industrial Management Degree
About the M.S. Industrial Management Program
Total Semester Credit Hours = 36
The master of science in industrial management is designed to prepare the individual for employment which involves management, administration and other types of leadership positions in industry, business, government or education. This program can be completed face-to-face or online.
General Graduate Admission Requirements
- Apply online.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit official transcripts to the Office of Graduate Admissions and
unofficial transcripts to the CBT Graduate Advising Office.
- Admission to the degree program is determined primarily on the basis of predictors of success in graduate study:
a. a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution,
b. grade point average computed on the last 60 undergraduate hours and
c. a satisfactory score on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). In rare instances the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) may be accepted in lieu of the GMAT.
- Quantitative measures are integrated into an index that multiplies the applicant's 60-hour GPA times 200 and adds the total GMAT score (60-hour GPA X 200) + GMAT = >1000. An index score of greater that 1000 is typical of a successful candidate. If the student's 60-hour GPA is above 3.25 the GMAT may be waived.
- Additionally, applicants with three or more years of extensive managerial work experience may request to have the GMAT requirement waived by the Graduate Coordinator. This decision is made on a case-by-case basis; "extensive managerial experience" will typically mean a full-time supervisory or managerial position held for a significant period of time after completing the bachelor's degree as demonstrated with a resume.
4.Consideration may also be given to other factors.
- Submit official GMAT scores to the Office of Graduate Admissions and unofficial to the CBT Graduate Advising Office.
- There are additional requirements for international students such as a detailed international
transcript evaluation which determines an applicant's degree comparability to a US bachelor's degree (UT Tyler does NOT evaluate international transcripts).
Industrial Management Additional Admission Requirements
There are no leveling courses required for admission, and the program is flexible enough to accomodate applicants with a bachelor's degree in any discipline.
Successful applicants have a GMAT and GPA figured as follows:
Last 60 hr GPA x 200 + Total GMAT Score = 1000 or greater.
If a student's last 60 hour GPA = 3.25 or higher, the GMAT can be waived.
Provisionally accepted students may enroll in one semester for a maximum of nine hours before being required to submit a GMAT score. After this semester is completed, a hold will be placed on a student's account until GMAT scores are submitted to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Subject to approval by the coordinator of graduate programs and the dean of the College of Business and Technology, students may transfer up to nine hours of graduate credit earned at an approved university.
Graduate Programs Advising