UT Tyler College of Business and Technology
The College of Business and Technology supports internships whenever the experience substantially adds to the student's competency (knowledge, skills or experience)..
Participating Student Requirements
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrated self-direction and the ability to work independently.
- Completion of a minimum of 9 semester hours of graduate credit in required courses.
- Consult with Graduate Programs Advisor to determine how internship hours may be applied to your degree plan.
- Consult with the following faculty representative prior obtaining internship offer to determine if the work will be sufficient to award academic credit and that the student understands the expectations of the University for interns as representatives of this institution:
- Dr. Mark Miller, HPR 244, 903.566.7186 for TECH internships
- Dr. Rochell McWhorter, HPR 235, 903.566.7330 for HRD internships
- Dr. Veronda Willis, BUS 125, 903.565.5822 for ACCT internships
- Students are required to read the Graduate Internship Handbook in its entirety. Download and print Forms A and B on pages 9 and 10 and bring them to your meeting with your Graduate Advisor and your Faculty Representative
Sponsoring Organization Requirements
Provide the student with objectives to be met over the course of the internship, including
the hours per week the student is expected to work.
Provide a work schedule that allows for a minimum of 125 hours during the semester.
Be relevant to the student's academic program/discipline. The goal is to give the participating student exposure to a profession or field and in-depth knowledge to areas of interest.
Contact Career Services in the University Center, Suite 2150 at 903.565.5862 for additional information regarding College of Business and Technology internships.
Graduate Programs Advising