UT Tyler College of Business and Technology
The College of Business and Technology supports internships whenever the experience substantially adds to the student's competency (knowledge, skills or experience).
Sponsoring Organization Requirements
- Provide the student with objectives to be met over the course of the internship, including the hours per week the student is expected to work.
- Provide a work schedule that allows for a minimum of 125 hours during the semester.
- Be relevant to the student's academic program/discipline. The goal is to give the participating student exposure to a profession or field and in-depth knowledge to areas of interest.
Participating Student Requirements
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrated self-direction and the ability to work independently.
- Completion of a minimum of 12 semester hours of graduate credit in required courses.
- Consult with Graduate Programs Advising to determine how internship hours may be applied to your degree plan.
Contact Career Services in the University Center, Suite 2150 at 903.565.5862 for additional information regarding College of Business and Technology internships.
Graduate Programs Advising