UT Tyler Soules College of Business
Ph.D. in HRD FAQs: New Student To Do List
- Activate Patriot Account - follow the instructions provided in your acceptance email
- Apply for Financial Aid or Scholarships
- Enroll in classes using the General Registration Tutorial.
Use the online or on campus Barnes & Noble Bookstore. If you cannot find your book on the bookstore website, email your professor for textbook information.
- Book a room (for commuters)
Staybridge Suites is closest and MAY be able to offer a reduced rate due to the affiliation with UT Tyler: Queen Studio Suite $99, 1 Bdrm Suites $119 and 2Bed 2 Bath Suites $149. (Regular rates are: $119, $149 and $189 per night). If interested, contact Ryan Polk at email@example.com or 903.504.6028.
Ramada Inn is fairly close and will give UT Tyler students the UT Tyler employee discount.
Holiday Inn Express is also close.
When your bill is viewable in myUTTyler, do the following:
- Pay your tuition and fees
Pay in the Enrollment Services Center, STE 230, or online through your myUTTyler account.
The bill due date is generally the business day before classes begin.
- Pick up Student I.D. (aka "P2 card")
Pick up I.D. card in Student Business Services, STE 125, (aka "Cashier’s Office") $25 is automatically added to your I.D. for printing and other purposes, but you may add more.
- Explore the Library (optional) Visit Spencer Acadia in Muntz Library (LIB209) and familiarize yourself with the online catalog:
- Purchase Parking Permit online OR
Pay for permit at Enrollment Services Center (STE 230) then pick up permit at University Police Department (USC 125)
- Attend Convocation (optional)
- Visit the Graduate Orientation page
Optional, but recommended
- Attend mandatory Doctoral Student Orientation (an email will be sent notifying you of the date and time)
- Find Your Classroom
All classes will be held in Soules College of Business
- Attend Class!
Students not attending class will NOT be automatically dropped. If you cannot attend, you must drop yourself from the course via myUTTyler if doing so prior to the start of the semester. If you need to drop after the semester begins submit a request through this portal.
Other Useful Links
Graduate Programs Advising