UT Tyler Soules College of Business
Ph.D. in HRD FAQ's: Recommendation Letter Guidelines
- Length of letter: 1- 1 ½ pages
- Address letter to the Program Coordinator or Department Chair.
- Indicate your relationship to the applicant and how long you’ve known him/her.
- Declare which program the applicant is applying to, and indicate whether or not you recommend him/her.
- Describe the applicant's academic or professional strengths (or weaknesses) and why you think he/she does (or does not) qualify for the program. Examples include but are not limited to the following: Critical Thinking Ability, Desire to Learn, Organizational Skills, and Social Skills.
The University of Texas at Tyler
ATTN: <Name of Program Coordinator or Department Chair>
3900 University Blvd.
Tyler, TX 75799
Graduate Programs Advising