Hibbs Institute for Business & Economic Research
Consistent with the mission of the Hibbs Institute, we attempt to locate and gather data and resources pertinent to economic development of the East Texas region. Here are links to some resources:
- 2011 Tyler Labor Market Survey by Dr. Marilyn Young and Tyler Economic Development Council
- Tyler Economic Development Council The Tyler Economic Development Council (TEDC) provides a wealth of data relevant to economic development of the city of Tyler and the Tyler/Smith County MSA. TEDC funds and conducts periodic labor market and wage and benefits surveys, as well as gathers and provides data on local economic trends and forecasts, retail and office market surveys, local manufacturer's directories, etc.
- Window on State Government: Texas Finances & Economy The office of the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts maintains this site and provides a wealth of information regarding the revenues and expenditures of the state government with the goal of promoting transparency and accountability. The office also provides a rich source of economic data and forecasts pertinent to economic development.
- Comptroller's Weekly Economic Outlook
- Key Texas Economic Indicators
- Texas Edge Data Center featuring an impressive interactive county map to access demographic an economic data by county.
- Texas Wide Open for Business "Texas Wide Open for Business" is an official brand of The Texas Economic Development Division within the Office of the Governor, State of Texas. Its objective is to provide relevant resources for companies looking to expand or relocate their business to Texas. The following links will direct you to some handy resources provided by Texas Wide Open for Business:
- Overview of the Texas Economy from Texas Wide Open for Business
- Texas Industry Profiles from Texas Wide Open for Business
- Workforce Concentrations in Texas from Texas Wide Open for Business
- Interactive GIS Maps from Texas Wide Open for Business