The University of Texas at Tyler
College of Business and Technology
Learn with the best APPLY TODAY.
Choose Your Path
For some, taking initiative and motivating people is rewarding. Maybe you find excitement in the idea of trading stocks or making investments? Or perhaps developing a marketing plan and carrying out projects gets you motivated. You choose your path and our AACSB accredited College of Business & Technology (CBT) will help you get there. The CBT also prepares students for careers in computer science, human resource development and technology.
- Marketing program accredited by Category Management Association, 1 of only 4 in the nation!
- Gain practical experience in retail management through the Brookshire's Consumer Insight Lab.
- Take advantage of the 3+1 Program and earn a BBA in Accounting and Master of Accountancy (MAcc) in just 4 years!
- The CIS degree trains students on Cyber Security in retailing.
- Industrial Technology majors will also earn certification in Nano/Advanced Materials Safety.
- The CBT Internship Program gives students hands-on-experience and often turns into full-time employment opportunities.
- Student organizations connect students to the college, university, and community.
Why a Business Degree
The CBT also employs High-Impact Educational Practices that help students at the bachelor's and master's levels attain the knowledge and skills they need to be successful as professionals. These 10 practices have been adopted by the College to help better serve our students.
What CBT Alumni Say
My business administration minor prepared me for my current position.
- Jimmy Peterson, 2013, Director of Business Development & Marketing, The Brannon Corporation
My accounting degree from UT Tyler has given me a great foundation to build on.
- Maria Campos, 2013, Staff Associate at Henry & Peters
The internship that CBT provided me, showed my employer how valuable a resource I could be in a full-time position.
- Roy Lucio, 2012, Sales & Marketing Analyst, Ingersoll Rand
The day to day class work is long forgotten but the concepts of time management, lessons learned from professors, and the ability to work within teams have been embedded in my mind. Each moment spent presenting something in front of the class or even answering a professor's questions out loud was future training for being able to properly express my opinion on the job today.
- Matthew Riccardi, 2009, Senior Manager of Basketball Operations, Brooklyn Nets
|Financial Aid Disbursements begin for College of Pharmacy Students |
|Loan Refunds begin for College of Pharmacy Students |
|Financial Aid Disbursements begin for Undergraduate and Graduate Students |
|Loan Refunds begin for Undergraduate and Graduate Students |
|Grant and Scholarship Refunds begin for Undergraduate and Graduate Students |
|Financial Aid Confirmation Date (20th day) for Undergraduate and Graduate Students |
March 24, Business & Technology Career Fair, University Center Ballroom. More Upcoming Events ...
CBT in the News
Center for Retail Enterprises