College of Business & Technology
The College of Business and Technology at UT Tyler supports the career development of our students. CBT majors get the following career development training as part of their degree:
- Professional Branding - Development of a “professional brand,” which includes a self-assessment and creation of an elevator speech.
- Resume Writing and Cover Letter Development - Creating a professional resume, complete with cover letter and reviewed for quality.
- Electronic Portfolio - Development of a LinkedIn profile to establish a professional online presence prior to graduation.
- Dress for Success - Instruction in professional attire, preparing students to dress for success.
- Etiquette Dinner - Participation in a business and dining etiquette dinner to enhance professionalism at social dining events.
- Offer Negotiations - Training on negotiating and accepting or declining a job/business offer in a professional manner.
- Mock Team Interviews - Participation in a mock team interview in which local businesses provide a professional interview experience and direct feedback on a student’s interviewing technique.
The CBT Academic Resource Center also provides assistance with internships and career
planning. View our comprehensive career development plan.
Internships - Internship opportunities are available to students to earn college credit while gaining professional experience within their desired field.
Employer Relations Specialist - The College of Business and Technology also partners with the Office of Career Services to provide our students a direct link to an employer relations specialist who has an office within the Academic Resource Center. The employer relations specialist is available to students to discuss career goals and planning. Internship and job opportunities are communicated to students on a regular basis through email with links to the Patriot Jobs website for direct application.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Organizational/Leadership Certification
- Supply Chain Management Certification