Probation and Suspension
Call 903.566.7363 for available appointment times; have your student ID number ready.
A student who earns less than a 2.0 grade point average in any one semester will be placed on academic probation. For the purposes of determining academic probation, the summer terms combined are treated as one semester.
- Students on academic probation who fail to earn a semester grade point average of at least 2.0 will be placed on academic suspension.
- A student on academic probation should not register for more than 12 semester hours and must meet with an advisor for approval to register.
- Grade points earned at other institutions are not used in computing the grade point average.
- Students who leave the university while on academic probation will retain probationary status on their return.
Students on academic probation who do not earn a semester grade point average of 2.0 or above in the next semester of enrollment will be placed on academic suspension. Students on academic suspension will not be eligible to enroll for classes at UT Tyler for the period listed below. Readmission after the first or second suspended term will require you to set up an appointment with your academic advisor.
- First Academic Suspension--one regular semester or one full summer
(Long Summer, Summer I and II)
- Second Academic Suspension--12 months
- Third Academic Suspension--Permanent Dismissal.
Effective January 2011, students placed on academic suspension may no longer appeal this status-- Registrar's Office.