Civil Engineering Bachelor of Science Degree
Graduates of the UT Tyler civil engineering BS degree program can:
- Apply knowledge of traditional mathematics, science and engineering skills, and use modern engineering tools to solve problems.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data in more than one civil engineering sub-discipline.
- Work independently and as part a multidisciplinary design team.
- Demonstrate effective oral, written and graphical communication skills.
- Design systems, components and processes, and recognize the strengths and areas for possible improvement of their creative designs within realistic constraints such as economic, political, social, constructability, sustainability, public health and safety, environmental and ethical.
- Identify, formulate and solve engineering design problems using engineering models in the disciplines of structural engineering, transportation engineering, construction management, hydrology and/or environmental engineering.