Civil Engineering Bachelor of Science Degree
Graduates of the UT Tyler civil engineering BS degree program can:
- Apply knowledge of traditional mathematics, science and engineering skills, and use modern engineering tools to solve problems.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data in more than one civil engineering sub-discipline.
- Design systems, components and processes and recognize the strengths and areas for possible improvement of their creative designs within realistic constraints such as economic, political, social, constructability, sustainability, public health and safety, environmental and ethical.
- Work independently and as part a multidisciplinary design team.
- Identify, formulate and solve engineering design problems using engineering models in the disciplines of structural engineering, transportation engineering, construction management, hydrology and/or environmental engineering.
- Analyze a situation and make appropriate professional and ethical decisions.
- Demonstrate effective oral, written and graphical communication skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to learning and continued professional development outside the classroom, incorporate contemporary issues during problem solving, and determine the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- Explain professional practice issues, leadership principles and attitudes, management concepts and processes, and concepts of business, public policy and public administration.