Center for Global Education
Experience the World Through UT Tyler CGE
The University of Texas at Tyler Center for Global Education (CGE) serves as a pathway to the world, offering:
- Quality study abroad experiences to UT Tyler students.
- The innovative Global Awareness Through Education (GATE) program to incoming freshmen.
- Globally focused programs and services to the Tyler-East Texas community, including guest speakers, the Friends of UT Tyler Travel Program and international travel and passport information.
The center also assists international faculty and students at UT Tyler and provides faculty resources for creating travel study opportunities.
Prepare for the Future. Live in the Moment. Study Abroad.
Study across the globe, experience other cultures and visit some of the world's most renowned historical and cultural sites in a UT Tyler study abroad program. CGE offers 3 types of study abroad experiences:
- Short-term faculty-led trips – Take travel/study courses organized by UT Tyler faculty that vary in length from 1 to 3 weeks.
- Longer-Term Programs – UT Tyler partners with other universities to provide summer and semester-long study abroad opportunities. The UT Tyler-University of Southern Mississippi partnership, enables Patriot students to participate in international programs such as The Abbey, British Studies and The Compass.
- Exchange Programs – Study at foreign universities that have an exchange agreement with UT Tyler. Exchange programs are coordinated through CGE International Scholar and Student Services.
Add a Global Component to Your Education. Enter GATE.
Broaden your knowledge of the world and experience different cultures through Global Awareness Through Education a 2-year residential learning program designed for incoming freshmen. The program offers freshmen and sophomores the knowledge, skills and ways of thinking necessary to succeed in an increasingly global community.
GATE students live together, take enhanced core curriculum classes and participate in cultural activities on-and off-campus activities that are globally engaging and culturally diverse. The program culminates in a 5-week study abroad experience the summer after the sophomore year. Students travel to an international location to complete their final 2 core curriculum courses and explore the culture and beauty of the host country.
Gain Perspective Through Globally Focused Events
CGE offers a variety of internationally focused special events to UT Tyler and the Tyler-East Texas community, including workshops, guest speakers and the Friends of UT Tyler Travel Program.
The Friends of UT Tyler Travel Program offers:
- Extraordinary international travel opportunities, including the fall 2012 Italian Adventure. Friends of UT Tyler will travel to Italy Oct. 1-9 to explore Italian art, architecture, food and culture.
- The expertise of UT Tyler faculty members. Friends of UT Tyler travel with faculty members who are extremely knowledgeable and share information and insight that would not be available on a regular trip.
- The Italian Adventure trip will be led by CGE director Dr. Jill Blondin, an associate professor of art history who developed the UT Tyler art department's biennial Italy travel/study program.
|Patriot Palooza All of Campus 8AM|
|Back to School BBQ Bash Harvey Deck 12pm|
|Matt Corey Band Harvey Deck 12pm|
|Down with Webster UC Patio 4pm|
Global Awarenes Through Education (GATE)
GATE is part of the Center for Global Education, founded in 2011 to provide quality international study abroad experiences, encourage cultural diversity in Tyler and East Texas and assist the university's international faculty and students. Read more