Bachelor of Science in Chemistry-Teacher Certification (ACS-Certified)
The BS in chemistry with teacher certification is certified by the American Chemical Society. Any student completing this degree is not only eligible to sit for the teacher certification exam but is also recognized as a certified chemist by the ACS.
This program is recommended for students who plan to teach high school chemistry or middle school science. It is also suitable for students planning to obtain the composite science certification at the high school or middle school level.
Total Semester Credit Hours = 126
- University Core Curriculum—(42 hrs.)
- A grade of “C” or better in all courses used for certification.
- Completion of BIOL 1306/BIOL 1106 and 1307/BIOL 1107; MATH 2413, 2414, and 3404; PHYS 2325/PHYS 2125 and PHYS 2326/PHYS 2126
- Completion of 44 semester hours of chemistry. Twelve semester hours of upper-division chemistry must be completed at this university. Chemistry courses required listed below.
- Approved lower and upper-division electives selected with student's career goals in mind. Suggested electives include courses in chemistry, biology, mathematics, computer science, statistics, education, speech, technical writing, technology, economics, psychology, sociology, and business administration.
Chemistry Courses Required (44 hrs.)
Completion of 44 semester hours of chemistry. Twelve semester hours of upper-division chemistry must be completed at this university.
|CHEM 1311||General Chemistry I [TCCN: CHEM 1311]|
|CHEM 1111||General Chemistry I Laboratory [TCCN: CHEM 1111]|
|CHEM 1312||General Chemistry II [TCCN: CHEM 1312]|
|CHEM 1112||General Chemistry II Laboratory [TCCN: CHEM 1112]|
|CHEM 3310||Analytical Chemistry|
|CHEM 3111||Analytical Chemistry Laboratory|
|CHEM 3320||Inorganic Chemistry|
|CHEM 3121||Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory|
|CHEM 3342||Organic Chemistry I|
|CHEM 3143||Organic Chemistry I Laboratory|
|CHEM 3344||Organic Chemistry II|
|CHEM 3145||Organic Chemistry II Laboratory|
|CHEM 3352||Physical Chemistry I|
|CHEM 3153||Physical Chemistry I Laboratory|
|CHEM 3354||Physical Chemistry II|
|CHEM 3155||Physical Chemistry II Laboratory|
|CHEM 4312||Instrumental Analysis|
|CHEM 4113||Instrumental Analysis Laboratory|
|CHEM 4330||Advanced Inorganic Chemistry|
|CHEM 4334||Biochemistry I|
|CHEM 4135||Biochemistry I Laboratory|