Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs (ATOD)
Student Health and Wellness
- Helping a Smoker Quit: Do's and Don'ts
- American Cancer Society, Tyler
- People Educating Communities About Tobacco (PECAT)
Serves Gregg and Smith Counties.
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) National Victim/Survivor Helpline 877.623.3435
- MADD East Texas (victim support groups & prevention)
- University Mothers Against Drunk Driving (UMADD) ***Broken Link***
Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse
- Alcohol 101 Plus: Play the Game
- Calculators: Calorie, Cost and BAC
- Alcohol Myths
- Alcohol Abuse (contains several links to information on various aspects of abuse)
- Anonymous On-line Alcohol Screening
- Alcoholics Anonymous - Tyler, TX
- Narcotics Anonymous East Texas Area - 800.793.7725
East Texas Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse (ETCADA) Free confidential telephone assistance available 24-hours/seven days per week.
Call 903.753.7633 or 800.441.8639 for after hours help.
Did You Know?
- 89% of UT Tyler Students choose to stay away from tobacco.
- 95% don't use illicit drugs.
- 81% choose to drink less than five alcoholic beverages if they drink.
- 86% use a designated driver if they have been drinking.
- 89% eat before and/or during drinking.
- 75% avoid drinking games.
- 86% only use prescription drugs when they are prescribed to them.