Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs (ATOD)
University Health Clinic
To increase awareness of the negative consequences of substance abuse and to assist in making responsible decisions in regards to alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use. Alcohol/drug abuse referral assistance is provided to students through Wellness and Prevention Education Services and the Student Counseling Center to locate treatment settings that will accommodate individual needs.
- Helping a Smoker Quit: Do's and Don'ts
- American Cancer Society, Tyler
- People Educating Communities About Tobacco (PECAT)
serves Gregg and Smith Counties
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) National Victim/Survivor Helpline 877.623.3435
- MADD East Texas (victim support groups & prevention)
- University Mothers Against Drunk Driving (UMADD) ***Broken Link***
Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse
- Alcohol 101 Plus: Play the Game
- Calculators: Calorie, Cost, and BAC
- Alcohol Myths
- Alcohol Abuse (contains several links to information on various aspects of abuse)
- Anonymous On-line Alcohol Screening
- Alcoholics Anonymous - Tyler, Tx
- Narcotics Anonymous East Texas Area - 800.793.7725
East Texas Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse (ETCADA) Free confidential telephone assistance available 24-hours/7 days per week.
Call 903.753.7633 or 800.441.8639 for after hours help.
Did You Know?
- 89% of UT Tyler Students choose to stay away from tobacco
- 95% don't use illicit drugs
- 81% choose to drink less than 5 alcoholic beverages if they drink
- 86% use a designated driver if they have been drinking
- 89% eat before and/or during drinking
- 75% avoid drinking games
- 86% only use prescription drugs when they are prescribed to them
Spring 2010 ACHA-NCHA-II
2008-2010 Biennial review - A Requirement of the Drug Free Schools and Communities Act Amendments of 1989