University Counseling Center
- The Student Counseling Center is open 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- Walk-ins are welcome (especially in crisis situations); however, there may be some wait time. Students are welcome to utilize the relaxation room while they wait for a counselor to become available.
- Appointments for counseling may be made by calling 903.565.5746 or coming by the University Center Room 3170.
- Depending on a student's schedule, most appointments can be made within the week.
- Students are asked to arrive 15 minutes in advance of their appointment time to complete intake paperwork. Intake assessments are located on secure iPads in the reception area of the Student Counseling Center.
- Students who prefer to complete their intake ahead of time may visit the Student Counseling Center at a time of their choosing.
- All appointments are scheduled as 50-minute sessions unless otherwise noted by the counselor.
Please note that email is not an appropriate medium for counseling.
- We value your privacy.
- Since The University of Texas at Tyler reserves the right to monitor email usage, your privacy cannot be guaranteed.
- Additionally, the staff of the Student Counseling Center are not able to respond to concerns in a timely fashion via email. Staff does not maintain 24 hour access to their email accounts, and may only check their email once per day or less and not on weekends.
- For these reasons, the Student Counseling Center maintains the policy not to use email for communication of any kind with clients or potential clients. This includes the use of email to make appointments.