University Counseling Center
- The Student Counseling Center is open Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Walk-ins are welcome (especially in crisis situations); however, there may be some wait time. Students are welcome to utilize the relaxation room while they wait for a counselor to become available.
- Appointments for counseling may be made by calling 903.566.7254 or coming by the University Center room 3170.
- Depending on a student's schedule, most appointments can be made within the week.
- Students are asked to arrive 15 minutes in advance of their appointment time to complete intake paperwork. Intake assessments are located on secure iPads in the reception area of the Student Counseling Center.
- A "Student Guide to Services- Client Information" can be downloaded by clicking here.
- Students who wish can also print, fill out, and bring with them the "Consent Form" by clicking here.
- Students who prefer to complete their intake ahead of time, may visit the Student Counseling Center at a time of their choosing.
- All appointments are scheduled as 50-minute sessions unless otherwise noted by the counselor.
Please note that email is not an appropriate medium for counseling.
- We value your privacy.
- Since the University of Texas at Tyler reserves the right to monitor e-mail usage, your privacy cannot be guaranteed.
- Additionally, the staff of the Student Counseling Center are not able to respond to concerns in a timely fashion via e-mail. Staff does not maintain 24 hour access to their e-mail accounts, and may only check their e-mail once per day or less and not on weekends.
- For these reasons, the Student Counseling Center maintains the policy not to use e-mail for communication of any kind with clients or potential clients. This includes the use of e-mail to make appointments.