Center for Petroleum Security Research
Major Research Initiatives
PetroSecT Testbed: Industry needs a reliable testbed for certifying their SCADA products - CPSR proposes to set up the Petroleum Security Testbed (PetroSecT) for this purpose.
Reliable and Secure Wireless Networks: Networks, especially wireless networks used in SCADA systems need to be reliable and secure – CPSR developed the RESILIENT protocol for this purpose.
Adaptable and Secure SCADA Design: SCADA systems need to be systematically designed so that they are adaptable and secure at the same time – CPSR has developed the adaptable security framework (ADSEC) for this purpose.
- "Impact of SCADA on Research Projects at the Center for Petroleum Security at The University of Texas at Tyler presented at NACMAST Workshop", Southern Methodist University, Dallas, November 2010.
- "Securing the Digital World" presented at Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar, India, August 2010.
- "Integrating SCADA into CIS Curriculum" presented at the Symposium of Association of Computer Educators in Texas, Austin, Texas, October 2008.
- A. Vemulapalli and N. Subramanian, "Evaluating Consistency between BPEL Specifications and Functional Requirements of Complex Computing Systems using the NFR Approach", Proceedings of 2010 IEEE International Systems Conference, San Diego, April 2010, pp. 153-158.
- H. Yakkali and N. Subramanian, "Efficient design of SCADA systems using minimum spanning trees and the NFR Framework", Proceedings of the 2010 42nd IEEE Southeastern Symposium on System Theory, March 2010, Tyler, Texas, pp. 346- 351.
- A. Vemulapalli and N. Subramanian, "Transforming Functional Requirements from UML into BPEL to Efficiently Develop SOA-Based Systems", Lecture Notes in Computer Science, No. 5872, November 2009, pp. 337-349, Proceedings of On The Move 2009 Conference, Editors: R. Meersman, P. Herrero, and T. Dillon.
- N. Subramanian, "Improving Security of Oil Pipeline SCADA Systems Using Service-Oriented Architectures", Lecture Notes in Computer Science, No. 5333, November 2008, pp. 344-353.
- Venkata Haranath Yakkali, "Efficient Design of SCADA Systems Using Minimum Spanning Trees and the NFR Framework", May 2010.
- Vineeth Kuruchetti, "Relationship Between Values of Business Processes and Need for Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems in Oil Refineries", May 2010.
- Deepthi Ravilla, "Evaluation of Security of Water Pipeline SCADA Systems Using NFR Approach", December 2009.
- Haritha Mallidi, "Simulation and Emulation of Security Scenarios for Oil Pipeline SCADA Systems", May 2009.
- Srikanth Narra, "Proposed Architecture for Improving Reliability for Oil Pipeline SCADA Systems", December 2008.