Degree Requirements - Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
Total Semester Credit Hours=120
- University Core Curriculum (42 hrs.)
- No grade below a "C" in criminal justice courses will be accepted toward the degree.
- Prerequisite: CRIJ 1301: Introduction to Criminal Justice
- A minimum of 30 semester hours of upper-division criminal justice courses as follows:
Ethical Issues: CRIJ 3310: Ethical Issues in Criminal Justice
Administration of Justice: CRIJ 3311: Admin. of Criminal Justice Agencies
Criminology Theory: CRIJ 3320: Criminology
CRIJ 3326: Criminal Law and
CRIJ 4341 Criminal Procedure
CRIJ 4313--Corrections Theory and Practice or
CRIJ 4314--Community-based Corrections or
CRIJ 3322--Probation and Parole
CRIJ 4333--Community Policing or
CRIJ 2332--Introduction to American Policing Practices
CRIJ 4332--Criminal Investigation
Research Methods: CRIJ 4322--Criminal Justice Research Methods
Capstone Experience: CRIJ 4355: Senior Seminar in Criminal Justice
- 9 hrs. of electives in Criminal Justice
- An approved minor of 18 hours, at least 12 of which must be upper division.
Notes: (1) No more than 21 lower-division hours in criminal justice, law enforcement, or police science may be applied toward baccalaureate degree requirements. (2) All courses cross-listed between criminal justice and any other discipline must be taken as criminal justice courses.