UT Tyler Department of Computer Science
Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems
The UT Tyler bachelor of science degree in computer information systems prepares students for positions as systems analysts, data analysts, database administrators, network designers and administrators, information security analysts, software developers, programmers and various technical positions. Individuals with CIS degrees can be found in virtually every type of organization globally.
Graduates are well prepared to:
- Investigate and analyze business problems, providing reliable and secure computerized solutions.
- Grow professionally through activities such as graduate study, continuing education, professional certifications and participation in professional organizations.
- Think critically and creatively, communicate clearly, work effectively with others and develop leadership skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of social and ethical issues in the computer profession.
- Understand the organizational impact of computer-based information systems.