UT Tyler Department of Computer Science
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Students in the UT Tyler bachelor of science degree program in computer science acquire the knowledge, skills and experiences necessary for career success in a wide variety of computing environments.
Graduates of the program are well equipped to:
- Model, simulate and solve computational problems using appropriate theoretical and experimental methods, producing reliable and secure systems.
- Think critically and creatively, communicate clearly, work effectively with others and develop leadership skills.
- Integrate computational principles with social, business and ethical issues in modern society in the process of decision making.
- Professionally engage in serving the needs of business, industry, government and academic organizations.
- Grow professionally through activities such as graduate study, continuing education, professional certifications and participation in professional organizations.