The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning is committed to the advancement of teaching and learning at the University of Texas at Tyler. Our goal is to help faculty and staff to reveal the truth, increase student engagement and monitor and improve student performance. The Center is committed to providing our colleagues with access to various data analytic workshops and training materials.
Current Data Analytics Initiatives include:
- Enable faculty to understand statistical analysis, mathematical or computer based models to make fact based decisions and to keep track of measures that helps serve students better.
- Provide tools to solve interesting problems in your work environment
- Classroom observations
- Recognizing and choosing the alternatives based on the merits/values and preferences/ inclinations
- Reducing uncertainty about alternatives and come up with a reasonable choice to be made from among the available alternatives
- Effective methods of assessment using Microsoft Excel