Pharmaceutical Sciences - Pharmacy
J. Shawn Jones, Ph.D., M.S.
Title: Associate Professor of Pharmacology & Pharmacogenomics
Department: Pharmaceutical Sciences - Pharmacy
Building: WTB 344
- Ph.D., 2002, Pharmacology & Toxicology, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, TX
- M.S., 1995, Animal Science, University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, Fayetteville, AR
- B.A., 1985, Studio Art, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX
- R25 Cancer Prevention & Control Postdoctoral Fellow, 12/3/2001 to 1/31/2006, Dept. of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, Mentors: Robert Chamberlain , PhD, Marsha Frazier, PhD, and Christopher Amos; PhD
- Certification, Girl Scout Leadership Training, Summer 2009, St Timothys-In-Valley Church, Hurricane, WV
- Certificate of Completion, 2011 Genomic and Proteomic Approaches to Complex Heart, Blood, Lung, & Sleep Disorders Course, September 8-16, 2011, Jackson Laboratories, Bar Harbor, ME.
- Certificate of Completion, 3rd Annual Short Course on Statistical Genetics & Genomics, July 8-12, 2013, Dept. of Biostatistics, Section on Statistical Genetics, School of Public Health, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL.
- Completion, Ingenuity Systems’ Ingenuity Pathway Analysis (IPA) Workshop, July 30-31, 2013, Drinko Library, Marshall University, Huntington, WV
- Certification, CPR/First Aid/AED–Adult, Child, Infant, August 8, 2013, Davis Child Shelter, Charleston, WV
- Certification, Nonviolent Crisis Intervention, August 15, 2013, Davis Child Shelter, Charleston, WV
- Certification, Parent's Resource for Information, Development and Education (PRIDE) Pre-service Training for Foster /Adoptive Parents, August 17–September 21, 2013, CenterPoint Church, Hurricane, WV
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Texas, Tyler, TX, 2014-present
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Pharmaceutical & Administrative Sciences, UC School of Pharmacy, Charleston, WV, 2006–2014
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Dept. of Epidemiology, UT M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2001-2006
- Graduate Assistant, Dept. of Pharmacology & Toxicology, UT Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, TX,1995-2001
- Graduate Assistant, Dept. of Animal Sciences, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR, 1993-1995
- University of Charleston School of Pharmacy
Course Coordinator, 2007-2014
- The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, School of Allied Health Sciences
“Pharmacology for Physician Assistants”, (including Respiratory Therapy students), Fall 1998
“Pharmacology for Medical Records Technicians”. Fall 1998.
“Physiology for Physician Assistants”, Summer 1998.
“Pharmacology for Physician Assistants”, Fall 1997.
Preceptor, School of Pharmacy, University of Charleston, 3 PharmD candidates: Jenna Matso, Research Rotation, Summer 2013; Christina Nguyen, Academic Rotation, Fall 2013; Brittany Auker, Research Rotation, Spring 2014.
Mentor, School of Pharmacy, University of Charleston: Lindsay Tincher, Prepharmacy/Biology, Work-Study Student, 2012-2013; Nang Oo, PharmD, (graduated 2011) Research student, 2009-2011; David Ruediger, Science Educator, Roane County High School, Summer 2009.
Advisor, School of Pharmacy, University of Charleston, Class of 2010: 6 students; Class of 2011: 4 students; Class of 2012: 2 students; Class of 2013: 2 students; Class of 2014: 3 students; Class of 2015: 4 students. (All students remain advisees for their entire 4-year program.)
Trainer, Laboratory of Marsha Frazier, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, Mala Pande and Liza Sablotne, Rotating Graduate Students, Spring, 2003.
Supervisor and Trainer, Laboratory of Joachim Liehr, UT Medical Branch at Galveston, Laura Avila, Rotating Graduate Student, Summer, 1998.
Undergraduate and Allied Health Students
Supervisor and Trainer, Laboratory of Patricia Gallagher, UT Medical Branch at Galveston, 2 Summer Students, Summer 1996.
Complete Curriculum Vitae