Title: Director of Choral Activities, Associate Professor of Music
Building: FAC 1213 (Center for the Musical Arts)
- Doctor of Musical Arts in Conducting, University of Utah
- Master of Arts in Composition, University of Minnesota, Graduate Fellow
- Bachelor of Music in Composition, Brigham Young University, Cum Laude, Trustees Scholar
- Advanced Studies Certificate, Scoring for Motion Pictures & Television, University of Southern California
CAMERON ROSE is the Director of Choral Activities at The University of Texas at Tyler
where he conducts the Patriot Singers and Concert Chorale. Previously he served as
Artistic and Executive Director of the Utah Master Chorale, Assistant Director and
Accompanist of the University of Utah Singers and A Cappella Choir, Assistant Conductor
and Chorus Master of the American West Symphony and Chorus, and Chorus Master for
the East Texas Symphony Orchestra. He also served for three years as Executive Office
Special Projects Manager with the Los Angeles Philharmonic / Hollywood Bowl.
Dr. Rose is also an active church musician, having directed choirs in multiple states and congregations for many years, and is now currently serving as Chancel Choir Director at First Christian Church, and Music Director/Organist at St. Francis Episcopal Church in Tyler.
Dr. Rose has studied with many accomplished artists and teachers including Mack Wilberg (choral performance), Dominick Argento, Stephen Paulus, Judith Lang Zaimont, Merrill Bradshaw (composition), Susan Duehlmeier, Irene Peery (piano) and Brady Allred (conducting). As a doctoral student, he was a recipient of the University of Utah Graduate Teaching Award two consecutive years, selected from across all university graduate disciplines, and performed in extensive tours of England, France and Spain where the University of Utah Singers won the 2006 European Grand Prix of Choral Singing and were featured at the 2007 Choralies Festival in Vaison-la-Romaine.
As a composer, Dr. Rose's works have been performed by numerous ensembles and soloists. He is also an accomplished pianist, including performance as the youngest of 84 "Rhapsody in Blue" pianists as part of the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Opening Ceremonies.
- Alliance Music Publishing
- Providence Music Publishing
- "History, Analysis and Performance Considerations of Gerald Finzi's Lo, the Full Final
Sacrifice," Dissertation, 2008
- The Click Book: Comprehensive Timing Tables for Film-Music Synchronization; 400 pages film music industry technical reference, and course text at USC; self-published, 2000.
- University, TJC Join Choir Voices for Annual Concert (Patriot Talon, 3/22/16)
- University of Texas at Tyler and Tyler Junior College Choirs Combine for Concert (Tyler Morning Telegraph, 2/25/16)
- For the First Time in 20 Years: UT Tyler and TJC Sing Together (Patriot Talon, 3/17/15)
- Grammy-Award Winning Singers Perform in Tyler (Patriot Talon, 10/23/14)
- Classrooms Bring Students' Love for Music to Life (Patriot Talon, 4/1/14)
- Vocalist Fulfills Passion, Performs with Patriot Singers (Patriot Talon, 9/19/13)
- University Chorale Changes Dynamics of Members (Patriot Talon, 9/13/11)
- Director Rose Brings New Vision to Choral (Patriot Talon, 9/22/08)